There is no ambiguity that batteries are known as an outstanding source of power, and that’s why they are everywhere found. Since the introduction of lithium-ion batteries, they have become a more favored option in a wide range of uses.
Lithium-ion batteries are a type of rechargeable battery. They are commonly used for electric transports and portable microelectronics. Surprisingly, their usage is also seen in aerospace and naval applications.
Lithium-ion batteries’ ability to offer a higher current and store higher volumes of energy makes them useful for applications that consume high energy. When it comes to buying lithium-ion batteries, you have several options, and the most popular ones on the market are 16340 batteries and 18650 batteries. Both are lithium-ion rechargeable cells.
And if you are worried about which one is best for you, then you have come to the right site. Here is a comprehensive guide on 16340 battery vs. 18650 that will assist you to make the right buyer for your application.
Advantages Of The Batteries
Talking about the benefits of these 16340 and 18650 cells, they are varied and have many advantages.
- They have no memory effect, which is popular in nickel-cadmium cells.
- The cell will spend at the same period no matter how often you use the batteries.
- Both cells have a lower self-discharge time as compared to any other type.
- They typically lose 5 to 10% of their capacity only.
- Higher energy ampere and protective benefits from heat and over-discharge.
- These batteries are used for a wide range of devices including flashlights, Laptops, mobiles, and many other compact devices.
Disadvantages Of The Cells
- Like any other type of battery, the biggest disadvantage of 16340 and 18650 batteries is that they will cover out finally.
- The charging cycle of the batteries goes through internal deposits, which reduce the overall effectiveness of a battery to recharge at full capability.
- Temperature and other factors also play a role in this.
- If you charge the batteries in warm situations, their life will become short.
- These batteries can also be critical in specific situations.
- Mishandling them can break the cell-protective layer, and the chemical reacts with oxygen, lighting a fire.
- Uneven voltage during charging and discharging also results in some sudden misfortunes.
- That’s why it is necessary to take proper care of the batteries, no matter how big or small they are.
How To Avoid Buying Fake 16340 And 18650 Batteries?
As the 18650 batteries and 16340 batteries are widely used in the world by users, it is very common that sometimes people end up purchasing fake ones.
Picking the perfect battery for the job is a very tough choice. And the consumers need to be smart about it. Like every other branded and famous products copies, you have to be aware of the fake batteries as well.
It is common for business people to keep cheap cells and rewrap them with the famous brand name to sell them for interest. This not only consumes your money but raises other dangers as well. If you buy a battery thinking that it is secure without looking at its specifications, then you are risking your life.